Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Zarik by Kahleena MacCarthy & Author Interview





Book 1 of the To Meet a Highlander series is now available on Amazon and in print.
Buy Links: US - UK - CA
Visit Kahleena: Amazon Author Page - Facebook - Twitter - Blog
Want to be a part a part of Kahleena's Book Launch Team? Feel free to email her @ Kahleena.MacCarthy@gmail.com

About the book -
            Meet Zarik MacKinnon, soon to be chief of his clan. Stubborn, unrelenting and not in need of love. For years he's been told by the clan's druid that someone will come to save him. Someone for him to love. He's shrugged his shoulders and continued on in his protection of his clan. Never wanting to be chief, Zarik is surprised when Tsarina Fraser arrives and is said to be the one he must marry. The catch? She's from the future.


            Tsarina arrives in old Scotland knowing her destiny. However, she never realized her wedding could be sabotaged. Would she truly be happy in her new time? Would she marry the right Highlander? Her fate seemed to be set until her brother and their mutual friend arrive from the future too.
            Zarik may only be able to ever promise her food for her belly and protection, but Tsarina is determined to get him to love her. If she can't, will her love be enough for the both of them and the clan Zarik will on day lead?
            Tsarina, Zarik, their family and friends push on to overcome obstacles, attacks by neighboring clans, and to find their love for one another.

Author Interview:

BTE: What does your writing process look like?
KM: Honestly, it’s a mess. I really do need to get better at it. I write when it comes to me and that, sometimes, can mean I’m on the same chapter for six months. Now that I’ve released book one in the To Meet a Highlander series, I’m definitely going to be creating a better planned out writing schedule. I can’t wait to let everyone read the next story in the series.

BTE: Do you have any strange writing habits (like standing on your head or writing in the shower)? KM: I keep my cell phone next to my bed like probably most everyone. However, when I wake up at night with an idea or great line, etc – I text it to myself.

BTE: What book do you wish you could have written?
KM: The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. Not because she now has a STARZ television series (which, no, I have not watched), but because, while I have read all but her latest release, I’d have loved to put my own spin on Jamie and Claire. I’ve always been bothered that they were apart for 20 years.

BTE: Just as your books inspire authors, what authors have inspired you to write?
KM: Being Scottish myself, I’ve always had a love for anything in the Highlander romance category. So, those authors, the ones that are successful and those that struggle, inspire me. After all, we’re all just one lucky glance away from being the next big author.

No comments:

Post a Comment