Saturday, April 6, 2013

Feature and Follow - Dreading the Read


8474595901 873f4993f4 Feature & Follow #137



The question for this week is "Did you ever read a book that you thought you would hate?"

Answer: No, not yet. Except, of course, for some dreaded reading assignments in school.

The reason is really quite simple. Until recently, when I started offering to review books, again except for school assignments, I had complete control over what I was reading and never felt any pressure to read something I felt I wouldn't like. This is not to say I haven't read, or at least started to read some dreadful books. It just means I thought they would be ok before I started.

So far, with the reviews, I've been so excited at the prospect and the newness (and the books have been in genres I have interest in) that I have not dreaded picking them up. Fingers crossed that this will continue.

I guess I've been lucky so far. Let me know if you agree with a comment.

2 comments:

  1. There will be books like those in the future I think. ^^

    Old follower!
    http://bookaddictbieke.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, in a strange way, anticipating it!

      Delete