Saturday, April 26, 2014

Feature and Follow - Pets

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow


Currently there are only cats. 


Blaze - a 9-month old rescue


Rudy - the 15 year old


Bit - whose previous previous owner passed away


Oreo - also 9 months old, formerly feral

Rudy

Rudy lies on the patio
His striped coat stirring
Gently in the light breeze.
He rolls his eyes and drolly
Gazes at me, his body
Stretched to its limit.
“It’s hot,” he seems to say
In a languid, fluid way.
I gaze evenly back,
Touch my drink to my
Forehead and agree.
Indomitable, the weather;
Unflappable, the cat;
Back to work, for me.
   

4 comments:

  1. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow. Love your blog. I'm fond of the eclectic. Such pretty kitties, they are such blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Notice how Rudy is making himself comfy amongst the books :) obviously a cat of good tastes! Love all the names as well - Oreo is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete