Friday, September 13, 2013

Feature and Follow - Casting My Favorite Book

8474595901 873f4993f4 Feature & Follow #137

I would cast relative unknowns, someone quirky enough to be able to get into the character without needing to fit into any kind of "history" they had in other films. And, I think, the story is the important part - that is why I would be making it into a movie, because I liked the book!

Oh, what book, you ask? I'm thinking one of Piers Anthony's Xanth books would make for a very entertaining movie. Plenty of multi-faceted fantastic creatures with attitude with enough of a plot to string the story along with just enough realism to give teeth to the fantasy.


4 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm a new follower via GFC!

    Here's my link - http://carycheyennexo.blogspot.com/2013/09/follow-friday-17.html

    Don't be a stranger :)

    Love, Cary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I be a stranger? Thanks for the follow. You have a beautiful blog!

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this book, Greg. And I like your approach in terms of casting unknown people for the movie. :D

    Old follower. :D

    Thoughts and Pens FF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Xanth series is a tongue-in-cheek fantasy series. All of your expected fantasy creatures are there - ogres, centaurs, demons, etc. but all with a quirky twist. Plenty of puns, but with solid underlying plots.

    ReplyDelete