Friday, May 17, 2013

Feature and Follow - Summer Reading Favorite

8474595901 873f4993f4 Feature & Follow #137 



One summer my friends and I read The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy from start to finish. That was fun, not only to read the books (which are great) but to do them as a kind of summer-long book club.

Another summer I tried to read all of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories. I didn't get them all done before summer ended (I read the Hound of the Baskervilles and The Sign of the Four after school started in September) and I couldn't get my friends to sign on, so it missed that element too.

Most summers I just read whatever I can get my hands on!

16 comments:

  1. So happy to hop around to other blogs and see what other's summer reads are =D

    I'm a old follower but i look forward to your future posts and future reviews.I hope that I can get tons of recommendations from any reviews you may write and hope i can see you hop around to one of my blogs as well. If it interests you, show your support by following =) With GFC going away soon, i figured i'd follow via email and bloglovin as well!

    Your new follower,Guinevere

    guinandlibertadtomas.blogspot.com

    yamulticulturaljunkie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm an old follower of yours!

      Delete
  2. New follower!

    Ooh, Sherlock Holmes is fabulous. I've read pretty much every story :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/05/follow-friday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great blog title! Did you like Conan Doyle's other fiction?

      Delete
  3. I love it when I have a group to talk about the book with !
    New follower via GFC
    Kristen @OCA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love Sherlock Holmes!
    New follower via GFC, check out my FF, #23

    ReplyDelete
  5. The summer book club sounds like a fun idea! Enjoy your summer reading! New follower via GFC and BlogLovin'.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the "double" follow! It was a fun summer, Oh so long ago! :-)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the follow, am following back! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherlock Holmes for the win! :D Thanks for following. Followed back through GFC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    I'm a new follower via GFC. I like to just read anything in the summer, especially Nicholas Sparks.
    I'd love it if you could come over to my blog to check it out and to follow me as well.
    Thanks heaps,
    My FF
    Music Plus Books
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog, new follower via GFC! From book blogs!

    ReplyDelete