Thursday, May 30, 2013

Throwback Thursday - Ruth Chew - and a blog Milestone


First, the milestone. This week BlogTheEclectic passed 2,000 page views. Thank you to everyone who contributed!

I know in the grand scheme that is not very many (I know many of you get than many in a day or week) but it made me excited to hit the milestone, especially since it is on a steep upward incline (over 550 page views in the last month, up from less than 100 only in December). So thank you again to everyone who came to look. Please share.

Now for the Throwback. As summer approaches (I'm in New York, schools are open for another month) I remember voraciously reading Ruth Chew's books. They had adventure, magic, history, interesting plots and interesting characters. I never was disappointed.

My favorites were Baked Beans for Breakfast, Summer Magic, and The Hidden Cave. I remember sometimes reading the entire book in a single sitting.



2 comments:

  1. I will have to check out Ruth Chew. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were great. I reread Summer Magic a couple months ago. It was different (obviously) to read it with adult perspective but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. They are very well written.

    ReplyDelete